Marriage Licence Information
The Marriage Licence Application must be completed by individuals wishing to purchase a Marriage Licence in order to be married in Ontario. The form will only be accepted by completing the information and taking it in person to an Ontario Marriage Licence issuer. You will need to bring with you identification, such as a birth certificate (along with any change of name certificates), current passport, Record of Immigrant Landing or Canadian citizenship card, along with photo identification for both the bride and the groom. Contact your City/Municipality Clerk's Office for the location of the Marriage Licence Issuer nearest you and any further requirements.
Marriage Licence Application pdf
Other helpful Government links:
· Getting Married In Ontario Fact Sheet pdf
· Who is Allowed to Perform Marriages in Ontario
· Getting Remarried in Ontario after a divorce
· Spousal Name Change Information
· Certificate Application Information
· Marriage Certificate Application Form pdf
· Online Certificate Application
· Online status inquiry for a Marriage Certificate Application in Ontario
For further information visit the Ontario Government web Site
For questions regarding the marriage licence and name change, please contact your local licensing office or the office of the Registrar General.